Annual Inspection and Tests (based on ANSI/WCA I-14.1)
This applies to newly installed and existing roof anchors. All anchor points and completed equipment installations shall be inspected by a competent person ("...a person who is capable of identifying hazardous or dangerous conditions in the personal fail arrest system or any component thereof as well as in their application and use with related equipment..." OSHA's definition - 1910.66, Appendix C)
- Prior to first use
- Post any major alteration to an existing installation
- At intervals not exceeding 12 months
- At intervals specified by the manufacturer/supplier, but not exceeding 12 months
- The building owner shall keep a certification record of each inspection and test in dedicated Log Book. The record shall include the date of the inspection, the signature fo the inspector, and the number, or the identifier of the building support structure and equipment that was inspected/tested. The certification record (Log Book) shall be readily available for review by the Assistant Secretary of Labor or Assistant Secretary's representative and by the employer (property manager and maintenance contractor - window cleaner or other).
- Every 10 (ten) years full physical pull-out test to 2500 lbs will be performed. It should be done by a competent firm and witnessed by Professional Engineer.
- If the installed roof anchor is compromised (exposed to person/worker fall) it MUST be replaced and tested.